Sea Lion Encounter Overview
For the first time in The Bahamas, Dolphin Encounters is pleased to offer a thrilling Encounter with California Sea Lions on magnificent Blue Lagoon Island. Based on our highly successful and award-winning dolphin interaction programs, our new educational and entertaining Sea Lion Encounter is your chance to experience sea lions live and close-up like never before in our pristine all-natural marine habitat. One of the few programs of this kind in the world, it will be a unique adventure you will never forget!
After a 20-minute scenic boat ride through historic Nassau harbour on our high-speed, double-decker catamarans to private Blue Lagoon Island and a short orientation upon arrival, you will kiss, hug, feed and play with these affectionate and humorous marine mammals and see the sea lions habitat too. Your sea lion interaction will take place from specially designed, waist-deep water platforms immersed in our calm, private island lagoon with ten or less guests in your program.
Our professional on-site photo and video staff and lab will capture your sea lion interaction and have your memorable souvenirs ready before you leave for your convenience.
After experiencing the sea lions habitat and while still at Blue Lagoon Island, you will also get a chance to observe our fascinating Atlantic bottlenose dolphins in their pristine natural lagoon setting.
The Sea Lion Encounter is guaranteed to bring a smile to your face. Don’t miss out on this new exhilarating and educational experience. Space is limited, so reserve today. The round-trip boat ride to Blue Lagoon Island is included.
Enjoy all the animals on our tropical island with combo packages including a Dolphin Encounter, Dolphin Swim or Beach Day. Please ask our friendly reservations staff upon booking for details.
Rules and Restrictions
- Guests 8 years and older OR 48 inches tall may participate in the Sea Lion Encounter.
- Guests ages 8 to 12 must be accompanied by a responsible, paying adult with a ticket for the Sea Lion Encounter.
- Pregnant women are not allowed in this program.
- Guests must have the ability to go up and down steps and ramp to access the platform.
- We are not able to accommodate handicapped persons in the Sea Lion Encounter.
- No cameras allowed in the Sea Lion Encounter program.
- All other general Dolphin Encounters policies apply for the Sea Lion Encounter.